New here? Read these.
If you’re new here, read the posts that [evidently] suck less than the others. If they don’t make you want to call CPS, we could probably be friends.
Anyway, here are the most popular posts I’ve written (more or less in order):
BY FAR the most popular post I’ve ever written (and the only one to go sorta viral) is “I became a mother, and died to live.” I was famous for like 7 minutes. Maybe even 8.
12. Are you Ready to be a Parent? A Helpful Checklist just for YOU! – [this post won the Blogher "Voices of the Year" award - I'm famous!! yeah right]
Here are some other light-hearted bundles of joy that were pretty well-received:
- top 10 most irritating parenting expressions – horrible, horrible parenting expressions such as “tummy time”
- Check it Out. There are two types of mothers in the world. - What the FUCK is a “baby sprinkle?”
- How to Get Unfriended on Facebook – Yep. just as the title indicates, here’s a list of ten sure-fire ways to get unfriended on Facebook, or, at least, irritate the crap out of people.
- And THEN she started inventing bumper stickers – I invented my own line of bumper stickers. A couple of these got me un-friended. totally worth it though.
I get serious sometimes. I do. Check it out:
- As real as it gets. - the rest of the story
- WAIT. I’m supposed to play with these kids? - in case you ever doubted my “bad mom” status.
- the letter I had to write once – a letter to my son on his 6th birthday. kind of intense.
- life is a stuffed seal at show-and-tell – in which my son gets brutalized in preschool. And I’ve got nothin’.
- A Happy Christmas Story for Your Soul. – pretty much as described