- There comes a time every semester when I realize I really should just pull the plug on the whole endeavor, because I’m going to die from the stress. And what use is a Master’s Degree if you’re dead?
- These are the things I want to know.
- In fact, I don’t quit precisely because I want to know if an M.A. is any use in hell, where I will surely be going after I die from stress, OR kill the next 21-year-old who sends me an email asking THE VERY FUCKING THING we discussed in class, at least 4 times.
- Anyway, I’m there: the midpoint, when the projects are deep and the money is short, and the end seems nowhere in sight. Okay. Enough whining. I’ve done school before. I’ll do it again. WE SHALL NOT FAIL.
- On another equally riveting topic, I believe I have mentioned that we have a toddler potty in our living room. Luckily, our house is not exactly what one would call “fancy,” so a plastic toilet in the corner really doesn’t seem particularly out of place. Now that I say that out loud, I’m realizing that’s really, really weird.
- But true, nonetheless.
- What can I say? Georgie enjoys pooping among her people. After she did that particular act this morning, and we jumped up and down and gave her high-fives for rockin’ the potty training thing, I picked up the center part of the potty (um, with the poo in it), to dump it in the actual toilet. As I was walking to the bathroom, Georgie decided to throw some large toy object in front of me, causing me to trip forward and launch the contents of the toddler toilet across the kitchen floor.
- I believe I now understand why people do not keep toddler toilets in the living room. Ask me where the toddler toilet is now. Yeah, that’s right. Still in the living room. WHAT?
- [Why do you look surprised? I mean if I had the capacity to LEARN from my mistakes, why would I have THREE children instead of ONE? I don’t mean that. That was a joke.]
- You know what isn’t a joke? Last night at 5:30 our friend’s dog ran away from our house. We looked for him until 1 in the morning and haven’t found him yet. My heart is just breaking. These particular people are CRAZY in love with this little pup. And so, Rusty Bear, if you’re reading this, I hope you had fun gallivanting around town, but it’s time to come the fuck home, little fella, before your owners lose their shit for good.
- Oh, right, forgot to mention, Mac and Rocket had their first guitar recital together yesterday. They both take guitar lessons from the same (amazing) teacher. Mac and this other little boy played guitar and Rocket sang and banged these stick things together (um, percussion?). The song was “When the saints go marching in.”
Not gonna lie, I cried a little. I mean you don’t see THIS and keep it together.
Well at least, I don’t…
Have a great week, all.