No matter how many times I attempt to bend my brain around it, I cannot for the life of me comprehend why those of us on the left feel compelled to vehemently attack each other over which candidate is the most perfect ever when what we’re fighting is a steaming pile of kleptocratic dog shit hellbent on deconstructing democracy.
Can dog shit deconstruct democracy?
We are fighting against the most corrupt administration in the history of the United States but sure, let’s definitely bring up that one thing Dem candidate #267 (that’s how many there are, correct?) did in 1974 that was super un-woke and really pissed you off.
I don’t mean balanced analysis. I love that shit. I’m talking about the diehard shit-slinging based on…what? Something. Personal preference. Every one of our candidates is flawed, and every one is better than Trump.
Every single fucking one of them is better than that guy, so yay us we don’t have to hate anybody for liking a candidate we don’t like. We don’t have to freak out and attack each other.
This should be the most chill primary season ever.
We should just hang out and vote for whichever live body presents itself as the Dem candidate in the general. In the primaries, VOTE FOR WHOEVER THE FUCK YOU FUCKING WANT.
There is nowhere to go but up.
We are at the bottom. So, what are we fighting about again?
Here are my questions for a Dem candidate:
- Do they refer to NBC, CNN, The New York Times and all other media that dares critique the GOP as “the enemy of the people?”
- How do they feel about random pussy-grabbing?
- Speaking of which, do they believe it’s a “very dangerous time to be a man?”
- If they want to critique a political adversary, do they deconstruct that person’s ideas or make up catchy, often racist nicknames like “Crazy Bernie,” “Pocahontas,” “Lyin’ James?”
- Do they view people with opposing views as “adversaries,” or do they see conflict and debate as a cornerstone of a healthy democracy?
- If somebody suggested the government rip babies from their families, cage them, then traffic them into evangelical orphanages somehow connected to Betsy Devos, would they agree or disagree with this plan?
- Do they believe bears wandering onto campuses is a critical problem among schoolchildren or are they more concerned about, say, kids getting murdered in their classrooms?
- By “tax break for the middle class,” do they mean corporations will continue to pay zero taxes, the 1% will pay less, and the middle class will pay more?
- Who does this candidate rely on for intelligence: Rush Limbaugh or, um, United States intelligence agencies?
- In general are they cool with the rule of law?
- On the ever-pressing issue of healthcare, does this candidate believe people should have it or like nah just the rich people?
- Should students spend their entire lives paying off student loans at 7% interest because America can’t afford to provide free education but also Amazon can make $11 billion in profit and pay no taxes?
- HOW DO THEY FEEL ABOUT ALL CAPS TWEETS and the use of stunningly Random Capitalization?
- Authoritarian leaders around the world – e.g. Putin, Jong-Un, Orban – tyrants or mentors?
- Does this candidate refer to Mexican immigrants as “vermin?”
- How about inventing fake national crises?
- If pressed, can the candidate speak in full, coherent sentences?
Do I really need to go on? I feel like I don’t.
Why the fuck are we sitting here shredding people into oblivion for supporting Harris or Sanders or Booker or the goddamn fucking fire hydrant across the street?
The fire hydrant doesn’t grab pussies. It can’t even attempt to sell nuclear arms to Saudis.
Is it cool that my main question for a candidate is: “Are you an entirely trash human?”
Is it cool that the bar has been lowered so far that I’d settle for partially trash human?
No, of course it isn’t cool. Of course we should be enjoying some bullshit rhetoric from multiple candidates on both sides, weighing their arguments and forming decisions while watching staged inflammatory debates of nonsense.
But no, we’ve been robbed of that circus. Instead we are staring down the barrel of four more years with Racist Trash Clown and his Band of Criminals.
So again, I ask you: Who fucking cares.
Let’s be friends. And get the hell outta here together.
In my book I am less political but probably equally “offensive.” High five.