- We got new neighbors. I’m going to tell you about it by quoting myself on Facebook: “I wish I could find the words to adequately express my delight upon learning that an enormous crowd of loud not-quite-teens-anymore moved next door to us. Right now I am listening to squealing females, cheesy white-people-drunk music, and occasional announcements such as “that’s my song!” or “pass the lighter.” If I had a shotgun y’all might not see me for awhile.”
- Fyi, quoting yourself feels oddly narcissistic.
- Anyway I ended up calling the cops on them, which was weird for me, since I distinctly remember being the kid who got the cops called on them, and hating it. I wonder if I would have kept doing it back then if I knew how much we were annoying the neighbors. Yes. Yes I would have.
- It has been eerily beautiful here – sunny and like 65 degrees. Amazing. I want to be concerned about the lack of rain but I’m too busy enjoying the sunshine. Kinduva vicious cycle.
- My husband works so much (usually 6, sometimes 7 days a week) that sometimes I wonder if we shouldn’t just downgrade our life to ridiculously minimal levels so we actually, oh I don’t know, LIVE. This grind just kills me sometimes. This somewhat-poor-person grind. This working and struggling. And then I hear things like Beyonce renting out an entire floor of a hospital for like a million dollars and redecorating it and I want to vomit at the self-importance of some people – the excess. I don’t know why, but something about that just makes me ill. I hear that her security wasn’t letting parents visit their babies in the NICU. Of course I read that in the news so it probably isn’t true. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if it were.
- I wish Pinterest would give me back my life.
- And to the scoffers…check it out: I didn’t think I’d get roped in – actually had high hopes of the opposite. But then I started doing it and realized it’s strangely fun. GREAT. Another online distraction from reality. Whee.
- Georgia got sick again last week, so if you’re catching a bit of negativity in my tone, it’s from exhaustion and a little frustration. I’m so tired. I’m tired of snot, mostly. It’s just always there in great quantities and though I’ll save you the details, it somehow gets ALL OVER HER which means it’s ALL OVER ME. I don’t love it.
- February is often a weird month for me. If there’s a “dark” month for me, it’s this one. I tend to feel a little down and sort of disillusioned and lost. And then it always passes in March. Always. Unless it comes back, which it occasionally does in intervals associated with PMS – which kind of makes it not count, right?
- So, in super boring news, the widget on the left “Google Friend Connect” is going away March 1. Not by my choice. Google is eliminating it for people who don’t use their blogging program. Pricks. So if you follow via GFC, please choose another follow method (or leave me, but at least say “Goodbye, it’s not you. It’ me” before you go).
Valentine’s Day is coming up. We’re gonna have some fun with that.
Have a great week, you guys.
CarylSunday, 12 February, 2012 at 12:23
PMS. It’s an awesome jungle.
ShanSunday, 12 February, 2012 at 12:39
Hope she feels better! Mad got an ear infection prior to being bitten by the snot monster last week. Fynn followed a few days later. Our old ped stressed that we should continue using the nose sucker practically forever. Not gonna happen.
Regarding Pinterest, I’m there and I’ve got a few things, but not nearly as many as I had figured. Not quite a scoffer, I’m just too tired from work right now. We’ll see how it goes in March/April when things will allegedly slow down. You should have my name from following your blog on FB, feel free to add me.
Rebekah CSunday, 12 February, 2012 at 22:16
I can’t stop following you, lol, you remind me that motherhood is normally insanity, lol.
CherylMonday, 13 February, 2012 at 2:28
Is this the next door where the animal murderer lived? Please tell me they put him where he belongs!
Nessa@CasaBraaflatMonday, 13 February, 2012 at 5:33
65 degrees, sounds like the perfect weather for a party.
Kateri Von StealMonday, 13 February, 2012 at 5:57
Yup. I thought I’d never be the one calling the cops, and then I find myself doing it…
ALL THE TIME…
Stupid people live around me too.